Get our news and specials
Acne Treatments in Sydney
The Confidence of Clear Skin
Am I a good candidate?
The answer is “Yes” if you suffer from:
- Active acne:
- Acne scarring and pigmentation
Frequently a patient can display different forms of acne simultaneously.
The treatments we employ in our clinic:
- Individualised home skin care protocols using the most effective skin care products that will control sebum production, eradicate infection, reduce inflammation and promote healing as well as preventing pigmentation and scarring. We have chosen and recommend “medical grade” products with proven benefits to treat acne.
- HydraFacial treatments are excellent for draining and unclogging the pores, exfoliate the skin and infuse bioactive substances that will work together to “calm down ”the skin and prevent further outbreaks.
- Chemical peels that specifically target acne: salicylic, glycolic, Jesnner, retinol and TCA peels.
- LED light is an important adjuvant treatment that will help control sebum production and skin inflammation as well as kill acne complicating bacteria.
- Medical Needling is excellent to open pores, stimulate healing and treat pigmentation and scarring. Needling can be followed by a chemical peel for enhanced results.
- Photo-dynamic therapy is very effective in treating inflammatory acne. Usually a course of 2-3 treatments a few weeks apart once a year are effective in controlling acne outbreaks.
- Laser peels such as a course of 3 China Doll treatments using carbon have been effective in our practice.
- Infini Micro-needling radiofrequency is our strongest weapon against acne. We use Infini to treat active acne , usually in combination with a chemical peel. Infini is “The Treatment” for acne scarring in all skin types.
- Laser treatments and IPL are being successfully used at different stages of the disease: Genesis and Limelight will help the active acne, Pastelle Qswitched laser is great to remove pigmentation and help skin repair whereas Pearl Fractional is effective to treat acne scarring.
- Deep ice pick scars can be treated with TCA (CROSS technique)
- Dermal fillers can reduce the depth of skin scars and improve the overall appearance
- Sub scission can be used to treat stubborn depressed scars by releasing the deep fibrotic bands that distort the skin.
Acne is a common and often devastating skin disease.
For many people it is a severe problem with recurrent outbreaks that can cause long lasting scarring and psychological trauma. The problem is even worse in people with darker skin where it can be followed by unsightly pigmentation.
The key points of our strategy:
- Individualised treatment plans
- Intense early intervention
- Combining synergistic treatments for enhanced benefits
- Correction of the predisposing factors
Why choose the Beauty and Cosmetic Clinic?
At our clinic we can efficiently treat acne at any stage.
Dr Bitlan and her team have achieved most impressive results by using the above strategy and adjusting the treatments as we monitor the patients progress.