What Is the Yellow Peel?
The Yellow peel is one of the most effective treatments against pigmentation caused by sun exposure, ageing, scars and inflammation.
It is a quick recovery peel that delivers significant benefits with minimal social downtime.
It is a great “end of summer” skin treatment: removes damage, blocks pigment synthesis and promotes skin recovery.
What are the ingredients and how do they work?
- Salicylic acid: antiseptic and promotes penetration
- Vitamin C: anti-oxidant and collagen stimulator
- Vitamin A: exfoliation and sebaceous gland suppression
- Phytic acid :anti-oxidant and melanin binder
- Hydroquinone and Kojic acid reduce pigment synthesis
- Hydrocortisone controls excessive pigmentation
Although the yellow peel is considered a superficial chemical peel, through its ingredients, it works in the deeper skin layers and delivers the benefits of deeper peels without significant swelling and redness.
What are the indications for a yellow peel?
- Skin Pigmentation
- Fine wrinkles
What is the pre-treatment preparation?
- You should not use roaccutane for 6 months prior
- Avoid sun exposure 14 days prior the peel
- Avoid vitamin A creams 3 days prior to the treatment
- Like any other peel, it works best when the skin health has been optimised: minimal amount of dead skin cells, good hydration, anti-oxidation and healthy dermis.
What is the Yellow Peel treatment protocol?
- In salon glycolic peel
- The patient is then given the yellow peel and instructed how to use it at home.
- The skin is thoroughly cleaned
- The yellow peel is applied as a thin layer over the whole face. Minimal stinging sensation may occur but it usually goes away within minutes. If the stinging is excessive the peel must be washed immediately with lukewarm water
- The peel is left on the skin for a minimum of 4 hours, up to 8-12 hours.
- Within a few hours after treatment, microcirculation increases, oxygen supply to the skin improves and supply of nourishing substances is enhanced as skin turns more receptive.
- Top up subsequent layers can be added every 2 hours. This will enhance the effect of the peel.
- After the peel has been washed off, a soothing moisturizer cream is applied.
What is the Yellow Peel post peel care?
- The skin peeling occurs typically 2 days after and can continue to 5 up to 7 days. Moisturizer is recommended.
- Sun screen is essential and must be applied religiously 15 minutes before leaving home and if outdoors, it must be re-applied every 2 hours.
- Vitamin A or glycolic creams should not be used until the skin stopped peeling and the inflammation has disappeared
The effects of the peel become obvious after 3-4 weeks: radiant, healthier skin with less pigmentation
If necessary a course of several peels can be performed 1 month apart
With The Yellow Peel you can confidently expect significant skin improvement: less pigmentaton, brighter, clearer and more toned skin. The wrinkle smoothing effect of the peel further enhances the aspect of your skin.
Treatments aimed at the maintenance of skin quality are a vital part of an anti ageing program.
The Yellow Peel is a new and exciting skin treatment. Although it is a complex peel, the procedure is simple and affordable.
Call us for information on this new anti-ageing weapon in The Beauty Clinic arsenal