PRP injections were first used in 1987 in open heart surgery. Today, PRP injections have been safely used in many medical fields and increasingly in cosmetic medicine to increase the collagen production by the skin fibroblasts.
We collect and process patient’s own blood and separate the platelets containing active growth factors (PRP). We then, re-inject the product in the areas of need.
As opposed to synthetic fillers that replace the collagen lost, the PRP treatment stimulates the body to produce and deposit collagen.
This augments the skin by improving the skin tone, texture and colour. Marked improvement in the skin condition and overall appearance is expected.
Which areas can PRP treat?
- Peri-orbital area
- Back of the hands
- Naso-labial & naso-jugal folds
- Peri-oral area
- Scalp to stimulate hair re-growth
The PRP Treatment Protocol:
- Doctor Bitlan takes a sample of blood from your arm
- The area to be treated is covered with anaesthetic cream for about 30 min
- Blood is processed and prepared for treatment
- The platelet rich plasma is injected into the skin using our Vital mesotherapy injector
- Recovery is fast
- The treatment takes about 30 min
- Visible changes are noted in 3-4 weeks
- It works best as a course of 2-3 treatments one month apart and a top up at one year
Possible PRP side effects (Always fully reversible in 24-48 hours)
- Minor redness,
- Swelling(mainly in the peri-orbital area )
- Skin infection may occur which can be treated with antibiotics and cold compresses
The PRP treatment is unsuitable for:
- Advanced skin damage
- Deep wrinkles
- Severe scarring
- Facial cancer past or present
- Systemic cancer, chemotherapy, steroid therapy
- Dermatological diseases
- Anticoagulation therapy , aspirin, anti-platelet drug
For a consultation to discuss solutions to achieve excellent health and looks, call us today on 92333399 to book an appointment with Doctor Bitlan