Rosacea is one of the most common conditions that we treat at our clinic: skin redness, dilated blood vessels, red papules and pustules.
Rosacea is a chronic (life long) condition that is transmitted genetically and is triggered off by distinct environmental factors: heating, alcohol, medications, spicy foods, helicobacter infection, sun exposure.
A number of therapeutic modalities have been advocated for rosacea: topical drugs, cosmetic preparations, oral medication and laser therapy. New drugs backed off by recent studies have proven successful to put rosacea in remission as well as keeping it inactive longer. Most notably the concomitant use of brominidine and ivermectin (potent topical medications) is one of the most effective strategies in the early stages.
We recommend that people suffering from rosacea, have a medical consult with Dr Bitlan in order to diagnose, stage and plan the treatment protocol.
- Rosacea cannot be cured but can be kept in remission.
- Triggers causing facial flushing must be avoided.
- Home care regimen is crucial: non irritant cleansers, moisturisers, sun screen and antioxidants, epidermal barrier repair agents.
- Rosacea skin is sensitive and easily irritated so aggressive treatments must be avoided.
- Laser therapy is effective but must be used in conjunction with medication and specific cosmoceuticals.
Why not book a consultation now: 02 92333399