Dermal needling is done with an electronic device that uses multiple fine needles to vertically pierce the skin. This causes collagen remodelling and enhances skin rejuvenation. Unlike needle rollers, Dermapen uses a precisely-controlled stamping method to reach a set depth in the skin while minimising excess damage to the epidermis. The Beauty Clinic is proud to be one of the first to offer this treatment in Sydney.
- Skin tightening, lifting, rejuvenating
- Acne scar remodeling
- Fine wrinkle smoothing
- Stretch mark flattening and smoothing
- Scar remodeling
Dermal needling Treatment Features
- Anti-aging serum is applied during the treatment
- Aftercare regimen is prescribed
- Sun avoidance and sun protection is a must after treatment
- Minimal discomfort with treatment
Dermal needling – Frequently Asked Questions
- How many treatments are necessary to achieve a good response?
Improvement is seen with each treatment but a series of 4-6 treatments is best to achieve optimal results.
- How far apart are treatments done?
Dermapen treatments can be repeated every 3-4 weeks.
- Is Dermapen safe for darker skin types?
Since no melanin-absorbing laser and no heat are involved, the Dermapen is relatively safer than lasers or IPL, for darker skin types.
- Is Dermapen painful?
Dermapen uses very fine needles and is relatively comfortable. A topical numbing cream is all that is needed.
- How long is each treatment?
For a face, each treatment is 15-30 minutes. Allow 1h for topical numbing cream.
- How is Dermapen different than a needle roller?
Needle rollers also use needles for skin resurfacing but are often too large and unwieldy for tight areas. They are also dependent on hand pressure, so the depth of penetration varies depending on the amount of pressure exerted and the softness of the skin, while the Dermapen depth of penetration is set precisely with an electronic dial. There is also lateral trauma to the skin when the needles on a roller pull out of the skin as the wheel turns. This does not happen with the Dermapen, which relies only on vertical needle action.
- What are the immediate after-effects?
There is redness and very minimal bleeding. You will look slightly sunburned for 24 hours following the treatment.
- For a personalised consultation to discuss solutions to achieve excellent health and looks, call us today on 92333399 to book an appointment.