Are you constantly battling whiteheads or blackheads?
In order to improve the large pores, one must understand what are the causes of large pores.
What causes “Large Pores”?
- Genetics determines your skin type. If your skin is excessively producing oil, your pores will expand to accommodate it. Even though genes cannot be changed, there are other factors that contribute to excessive oiliness in the skin. Understanding these factors can help you develop a good skin care management plan to avoid and treat the large pores.
- Age: The sooner you start treating large pores, the better the results. Age causes a loss of skin elasticity which makes it more prone to getting clogged with oil, dirt, dead skin and make up.
- Sun damage: Sun damage thickens the skin, which enlarges your pores and makes them look more noticeable. It can also disrupt the production of collagen and elastin and strip water from your skin. This leads to the shrinking of the tissues beneath your skin, which pulls at the edges of your pores making them look bigger and saggy.
- Blackheads: Blackheads are simply pores clogged with dirt and oil. They lead to large pores when they are not cleaned out regularly and efficiently.. Trapped oil oxidizes and causes tiny black spots in your pores, especially on the nose and cheeks. Over time they can increase pore size.
- Clogged Pores: When excess oil, makeup, dirt, and dead skin cells build up on your skin, they get into your pores, making them appear larger than normal. Exfoliating your skin once a week helps drive out this build up so your pores can breathe and shrink. Preventing clogged pores will help your skin look smoother and fresh.
How to treat Large Pores – Homecare?
- Cleanse regularly
Cleaning your face with a daily cleanser to remove excess sebum and dirt will keep it clean and prevent clogged pores. Throughout the day, bacteria and impurities pile up on your face, so getting that cleared away regularly will give your skin a fresh and clear look. Choose an oil-free and gentle cleanser, and cleanse once in the morning and once at night for best results.
- Moisturize regularly
It is important to understand that dry skin also causes large pores. When the skin is dry, it tries to produce more sebum to stay protected from cracks and wrinkles. Properly moisturizing with an oil-free cream or serum will do wonders to prevent your skin from making too much sebum. Moisturised skin is less likely to produce too much oil because it already has the moisture it needs
- Weekly exfoliation to remove the dead skin cells that can clog the pores
- Choose a non-comedogenic skincare and make up products
- Rinse your face with cold water after cleansing to tighten the pores
How to treat Large Pores in our clinic?
Our clinic has many years of experience with treating the large pores. We have several treatments that we can combine in order to give you the best customised management plan:
- Doctor monitored priming procedure and homecare products
- Hydra Peel facials or carbon Laser facials
- Wide range of specialized chemical peels
- Skin needling using our medical grade Skin-pen device
- Infini micro-needling radiofrequency
- Laser Genesis
- Pearl fractional skin re-surfacing
- Q-switch Laser
We will conduct a thorough skin assessment and will help you make the right decision about your skin<
Call us: 02 9233 3399 Ext 2 to make booking for a complimentary consultation with one of our dermal clinicians.