Latest research shows that people worried about wrinkles are not using preventative skincare products until well into middle age when lines have already begun to appear.
A recent survey found that a third of people who use anti-ageing skincare did not start until they were 45 or older.
Most anti-ageing products are preventatives and recommend use from the age of 21 to effectively reduce the signs of ageing on the skin.
Tell-tale signs such as smile lines, crow’s feet, and dullness tend to appear, when people are in their 30’s and 40’s and you can soften wrinkles and rejuvenate your skin with products that contain effective ingredients and suit your skin type.
The principles of anti-ageing skin care are relatively simple:
- Most skin damage happens during the day: Each morning apply products that will protect the skin.
- Sunscreens: According to research, 90% of skin ageing is caused by sun exposure. Despite myths that sunscreen is only needed during summer, many skincare experts recommend applying every day, even when the weather is dull. While UVB rays burn skin, UVA rays age skin and are present all year round.
- Anti-oxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin E, resveratrol, etc will strengthen the skin against oxidative damage.
- Skin repair and regeneration happens mostly at night: provide collagen boosters in the evening skin care routine.
- Products containing vitamin A will stimulate collagen production, brighten the skin, smooth any current wrinkles and prevent new lines from forming.
- Products containing high levels of peptides are the “new kid on the block” showing excellent anti-ageing properties.
At The Beauty and Cosmetic Clinic we are providing a range of medical grade cosmetic products catering for most all skin types and addressing most skin concerns.
In addition we are the only supplier of Dermidenticals Advanced Peptide Serum
The Advanced Peptide serum from Dermidenticals
It contains Copper Peptides in high concentration (2% as opposed to 0.5%, found in most cosmetic products). Powerful vitamins, Anti-oxidants and Hydrators for all skin types. Excellent around the eyes.
It is our most advanced and most potent anti-ageing product.
We will conduct a thorough skin assessment and will help you make the right decision about your skin.
Call us: 02 9233 3399 Ext 2 to make booking for a complimentary consultation with one of our dermal clinicians.